HALLOWEEN SUGAR COOKIES
3/4 cups of vegan butter
3/4 cups of fine granulated sugar
2 tablespoons of nut mylk of your choice
1 teaspoon on vanilla extract
3/4 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 cup of almond flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
pinch of salt
1. Add the butter to a large bowl and using an electric mixer, beat the butter until fluffy. Add the sugar and continue to beat until combined well and fluffy (2-3 minutes).
2. Add the mylk and vanilla extract. Continue to beat until combined.
3. Add the all purpose flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt together. Once combined add one cup of flour to the butter mixture and mix on low until combined. Add the rest of the flour mixture and mix again until fully combined. The dough should not be sticky or dry. If you find it is too sticky, add a bit of extra flour.
4. Roll the dough out on parchment paper about 1/4" in thickness. Cover and place in the fridge to shill for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 350F. Cut into desired shapes and bake 8-10 minutes. Do not over bake. They will become very crumbly.
6. Once they have been removed from the oven, transfer onto a rack and wait for the cookies to cool completely. Only after they have been cooled, should you start to ice the cookies.
3 cups of icing sugar
3 tablespoons of water
1 tablespoon of Black Goji Berry Powder
Add the icing sugar to a bowl and add one tablespoon of water at a time until you get the desired consistency. Add the butterfly pea until you have reached the desired hue.
This icing can be used in many ways.
- For icing cookies - make sure your consistency is very thick and you are able to pipe it onto your cookies.
- For glazing donuts or other baked goods allow your icing to flow well
- To change the hue from darker to lighter, use lemon juice instead of water