- Black carrots, also referred to as purple carrots have a very dark purple-burgundy tone and originate from Turkey and the Middle East
- Not heat sensitive meaning the color will stay in tact during high temperature making it an ideal product for baking!
- Tart taste, not overpowering,
- Dissolves well in liquid
Black Carrot Powder
Storage and Shelf Life:
- Always assure that your bag is tightly closed. Store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
- Two years from date of production
How to Use this product:
Start with 1 teaspoon of powder and add more as needed to achieve desired color
- Add to smoothies, bowls and ice cream
- Ideal for baking - simply add one tablespoon to 250 g of flour (add more to achieve a darker tone)
- Add to icing
- Mix into your favorite chia pudding, oats and porridge
- Use in raw cakes, desserts and drinks
Note: This product is PH sensitive. Its burgundy colour will change to a dark purple when added to recipes containing baking powder or baking soda.